- ACF Chapters
- How To
Thinking about starting an ACF chapter on your campus? Here are 7 steps we recommend to you.
1. Pray! God has resources, knowledge, and power beyond all human abilities, and He is the only One who can make your efforts fruitful. Start with Him.
2. Ask for help. Talk to local church pastors & your conference youth/young adult director. Find out if they know of any other Adventist students in your area and if they know any groups already meeting.
3. Find others. Be creative: search Facebook, put up a table at student orientation, advertise in church bulletins, advertise in the school newspaper, and talk to the chaplain’s/dean of students office.
4. Get together. When you find others who are interested in worshipping and fellowshipping as Adventist students, start hanging out.
5. Get organized. Become an officially recognized student organization and get access to school resources: meeting rooms, web space, and more! Also connect with student government and the religious life office.
6. Get connected. Get recognized as an official ACF group. Contact acflink.org to get your group listed on the site, hooked into the larger ACF network, and more.
7. Enjoy the journey! Growth takes time. Don’t focus on the numbers—rest in the knowledge that you’re following God’s will and allow God to determine success.
And check out this Quick Start Guide!